Tuesday 13 December 2011

Help For Heroes Metal Fest @The Thunderbolt 13/11/2011

I woke up on Tuesday morning with great expectation of the night ahead. The mighty Cruelty Circuit who never seem to disappoint me where gonna play sort of a member...Hmmm could this be the first time that this energetic band was gonna have a bad show or are they gonna pull through proving they are worthy of glory ?

First band on starting this crazy maniac of a night was Cernunnos the self proclaimed bringers of doom. I was suprised how clear the vocals where considering they are a heavy doom metal band. Even though there where problems with the bass amp they pulled through and had a good show. During one of their tracks "Mistress of Destruction" an emo/scene kid left for the toilets petrified which in my personal opinion was quite a funny sight so see. A band i've seen before in the summer time , impressed with the quality of their gig despite the problems ( It wasn't as good as it would be if the right equipment was present).


Second band on punk band Filthy Rich and the Catflaps in their debut show. A vocalist that was very energetic and kept involving the crowd in their songs and conversation. I found interesting that he passed to the crowd 3 bottles of buckfast to drink right before their song "Buckfast". For a band that had their first gig tonight they had allot of followers which impresses me. I will defo follow this band as im curious if they can top tonight's performance. 



Next band on Depths. I found this band very different sounding but somehow no matter how good they were I couldn't get past their young age. It made me think about youth today being so angry from such an early age. The bas player kept jumping around but not making any significant mistakes (once his hand slipped but the kid was jumping like the floor was on fire). Very committed to their style of music , entertaining considering im not a big fan of hardcore. I would most likely see them again a couple months down the line even if it's just to see how the band matured musically and physically. 


The co headliner Foreign Legion takes the stage. First track on the lead singer promps the corwd to jump. Which we did. Then he jumped. We all jumped. Then it got serious. It was clear to me this band is not here to entertain us it's here to change the world one song at a time. I specially liked their final song about a homeless kid with a dig at Cameron that led to many middle fingers to raise in the air. They are already an established band so I don't think they need my support but they got it anyways so roll on the next Legion gig!! 


The headliner comes on stage.Cruelty Circuit the infamous King Kong of metal . Vocalist Amer Shihab addresses the crowd asking "are you ready"?? Before a massive scream that felt like a concord lander right next to my right ear. The guy went mental (in a good way) beating him self up, headbutting the floor while screaming so loud I thought his lung was gonna come out of his nostrils. The guitar player Billy Turner headbangs faster than Blackie Lawless in the good days and doesn't miss a note. The drummer Ant Rae reminds me of Dave Grohl, loud drummer,long hair in the way of his face. This band was amazing!!! Even with a member ill they pulled it off fantastically. I was standing there in complete awe in front of one of the best local bands ive seen in my life. I bet you my left ball (if I had any) this band will make it big. I want to see them again live as soon as possible.
Links to the bands..... 

Cernunnos http://www.facebook.com/Cernunnos.Ritual 

Filthy Rich and the Catflaps http://www.facebook.com/groups/186936574666456/ 

Depths http://www.facebook.com/pages/Depths-UK/164907286858244 

Foreign Legion http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002021862742 

Cruelty Circuit http://www.facebook.com/CrueltyCircuit 

Special metal horns to Apriil Sharp who came up with the idea of this gig and to New Revolution Music for their backing of the show!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment